Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"Ghost Rider, $20.99"


Oh, fudd. I was working on a strip yesterday, and then scans didn't want to load for a DD post today, so we'll move this a day forward...even though I'm not ready.

The book has been getting good reviews, like here for instance, and I think I definitely need to pick up Ghost Rider #33 after flipping through a copy recently. Briefly, and from memory: a war for heaven is over, leaving bad angels in charge, Ghost Riders Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch MIA, and the Caretaker dead. As his daughter mourns him, she remembers Ghost Riders of the past, and there are some doozies: G-Man Ghost Rider of the 1930's, 70's Ghost Truckers, Native American Ghost Riders, and more. They've really made Ghost Rider a legacy character, something not often seen from Marvel, but it could also almost work like a Ghost Rider Corps. Hey, it'd be an excuse to bring Vengeance and Blazing Skull out of mothballs. All they need is maybe a chest emblem and a catchy oath.

Shoot, wish I had a Vengeance figure now. I do have one of the little ripcord motorcycle ones, though...I haven't read a lot of his appearances, although I remember him being a mainstay of the later years of Marvel Comics Presents. I do have a full run of Ghost Rider 2099, and I still like that one. Might re-read it now, I know I have it out for some reason.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar