I have lost my knitting/crochet mojo of late. I knit every evening and when we lived in a freezing cold house there was a never ending list of things to knit to keep us warm but now we live in a super insulated new house the 'purpose' seems to have gone from my knitting.
Anyway, I can't seem to not knit in the evenings so I did what I know soothes the evenings along and cast on some socks. This pair is based on the January socks from Colourful life blog by Christina. I added a little side run of garter stitch just to keep me awake and on my toes as it were.
There is snow in the distance on these photos but today we had some too. The socks were very cosy in my wellies while I sledged with the girls. You see, I like my knits to have a purpose.
So there you have it, matching sweater and socks. The yarn for the sweater is held double because it is a 4 ply Araucania merino yarn given to me by an old friend. I still have some left but that's for another day.
I am thinking maybe I need to be branching out into summer knits, perhaps that is where my mojo is waiting - mmm I am off to ravelry for some inspiration.
Jo xxxx






0 Yorumlar