Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Taking the plunge

Hands up who likes a bit of excitement in their life. Today was the day when the bungee jumpers came to town. I found them setting a crane up at the bottom pub when I took Rocky for a walk this morning. I mentioned before that I love cranes. It was 8am and people were busy getting things ready for the charity bungee jump that has been arranged.

The pub is next to the river, and the water level is a lot higher than it usually is. The little jetty is submerged,

and that lump of wood sticking out of the water there marks the edge of the river bank. Someone said it was the full moon last night that's caused it to be so high. Not so much a river now, that looks like another continent over there, the other side is miles away.

I went back down there later in the afternoon to see how it was getting on. Quite busy a lot of people have turned out. The kids loving the bouncy castle as usual. Plenty of beer swilling going on. Don't know if anyone actually threw up while they were flinging themselves out of the cage.

Anyway, there they go, being hoisted up to a great height.

Scream as you come down, ha ha.


This was a tandem jump, available for those who were too frightened to do it solo.

We had the lads from Red Watch, Humberside Fire and Rescue here, showing the kids and grown ups around their shiny red fire engine.

These two were drop dead gorgeous, I would let them carry me out of a burning building any day. I asked them if they would come and fit me a new smoke alarm, as I had bashed the last one off the ceiling because it kept going off every time I boiled a kettle. They said yes, ring up and make an appointment. Can't wait :o))


It was a lovely afternoon, and no I didn't bungee jump, not my thing. I don't like heights, unless I am on a roller coaster, now that's much more exciting. I did go a bit mad though, I bought half a pint of cider. It was £1 flippin 60p. Good grief....... it was nice though. Toodle pip.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar