Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Update: More Reading than Blogging

This week has definitely been more about reading than blogging. Do you ever get into phases like that? When I finish a book, I just want to start another. I haven't been in the mood to stop and write down my thoughts. Since I've never been one to schedule posts, no reviews appeared last week and the "to be reviewed" list continues to grow. Sigh.

The scene//  8AM Sunday morning, black coffee, and my laptop

Reading//  I finished Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening by Susan Wall - a touching memoir of friendship and illness, with gardening as a backdrop.


Anna Quindlen is always a favorite, especially her nonfiction. I was surprised when my library hold of her latest novel, Still Life with Bread Crumbs, came in yesterday. The last time I checked, there were quite a few patrons ahead of me... always a mystery how that happens. Anyway, I read the first few chapters and look forward to sitting by the lake and reading more later today

Listening//  I finished Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell. What a fascinating story! Can't wait to discuss this one with my book club on Friday.


Now I've moved onto Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink. This is about events at that hospital in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - instantly unputdownable! I foresee longer walks this week.

Participating In//  I'm very excited to be part of Spoken Freely Presents: Summer Shorts '14  blog tour this year. Poetry Week begins tomorrow and I'm hosting a 2-day series featuring the poetry of  Edna St. Vincent Millay and a few of my favorite narrators. Be sure to check back on Wednesday and Thursday.

On the blog//
- my recommendations for your beach bag
- This Week in the Kitchen: chicken on the grill,  a corn, tomato, and avocado salad, and a gorgeous cookbook

Later today//  A long walk, a little reading, then my parents and siblings are coming over for dinner and our first boat ride of the season. I really need to work on some blog posts, too.

What are you up to today?

This post will link to It's Monday! What are you Reading? hosted at Book Journey.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar