Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

New Beginnings

It’s a new month already! I don’t know how we’ve gotten to November already this year, but here it is. Usually by this time I’m completely done with Christmas purchases. This year I’ve barely even started.

It sounds like neighborhoods either had a lot of trick-or-treaters last night or none. We were in the big fat zero group. So disappointing. I really like to look at the costumes. I had bought quite a lot of candy so I plan to freeze most of it. That way at least it will take some thought to eat it, the rest we will take to Bible study Wednesday night.

Mandy and Brad‘s neighborhood had scads of kids. Mandy and her neighbor took the girls around the neighborhood while Brad and Jeff manned the candy bowls. They had set up the outdoor fire pit on the driveway to keep warm, as had several other neighbors that I could see by the pictures Mandy sent. Lizzie kept warm inside Brad‘s coat and everybody had an absolutely wonderful time. I wish we had gone out there and spent the evening. I guess next year I’ll know not to buy any candy at all. 

Here’s Miss Piper dressed up as Carmen Sandiego at the school parade on Friday. I think she’s beautiful.

Mandy and Piper bought matching bags for Lizzie and Zoey. 
It’s amazing how many things you have to take with you for an outing with a puppy. It’s almost like packing a diaper bag. Would you believe we ordered a dog stroller last night? We’re thinking it could come in handy in the future. We have become one of “those” people! When I showed Dennis how nicely Debbie’s dog Pup sits in the stroller he was sold. You can find Debbie’s blog, “Araignee” over on my side bar.

This is the back of the bag and of course Zoey had to come and see what I was doing when she saw that I had her bag. Any treats falling out of it Mom?

This is a horrible picture and I apologize. The lighting is so bad today. All it is is the cuff of a sock that I am making for Kathy at Compassion Knits” new charity. You just make one sock and send it to her and she will make sure that it gets to a group who distributes socks to amputees.  A very worthy cause. It also will give me a chance to use up some half skeins of sock yarn. 

Mandy really liked the wrist warmers that I made for Kyleigh so she asked if I would make a pair of them for Brad‘s assistant in Washington DC for Christmas. We bought the yarn Saturday evening and I whipped this one up in no time. Again, the lighting is terrible.
This photo is much more representative of the color yarn. This is such a fun pattern. again, it is “Cloudburst” by Arienne Gray and is free on Ravelry.

Dennis is going up to church tonight to help replace some windows. I plan to stay home and knit. Zoey and I will go for a walk in a little while when it gets a little warmer. The temperatures have plummeted quickly here. I’m hoping for a safe and wonderful week for all of you my dear friends. May God bless each and everyone of you with good health and the love of family and friends. He is our only true hope in a world that seems to be spinning out of control at times.

Blessings and love,
Betsy

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar